Monday 18 July 2011

Self Image



I am sick of staying in.  So last night I decided to go out.  I didn’t go mad, just went for a few quiet drinks with a friend.   It was sooo good to be out, despite my mum nagging at me the next day for going out so soon after my op. 

I felt much happier today after having been out last night, it was brilliant to see some friendly faces and to let my hair down and not be sat in the house doing the same thing over and over.  I was refreshed!

I did feel quite self conscious when I walked into the crowded bar using my sticks but no one asked me anything.  If they had I would’ve been abit embarrassed to say id had a hip replacement and I'm sure I would have got bombarded with questions.

It was quite an experience walking with sticks wearing my boots!  And I had a bit of a problem when I got home.  Everyone was in bed, and I couldn’t get my boots off by myself.  Oops!  I didn’t want to wake anyone so I ended up bending forwards a little to get them off, which was really hard and hurt a bit!  I shouldn’t have bent forward but I didn’t want to be mean and wake anyone, plus I have my pride.  I can get my own boots off thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment