Monday 18 July 2011

Hermit?


I woke up in a really bad way today, I could hardly walk.  Lately I have been using the sock aid & grabber that I got given at the hip group, and these have really helped.  Until I got these, if I used to drop something I would bend to pick it up but wouldn’t bend my knees, and so a lot of pressure was being put on them.  I often got breathless when trying to put my socks on and really frustrated on the days that I couldn’t.  I hated asking for help so I would leave my socks off most of the time.

I wanted to get out the house for a bit so I went to town with my brother.  Again, after only short periods of time being sat in one position, I was really stiff and sore when I came to get out of the chair. 

Driving is becoming a real problem.  I can’t get into the car with ease, I have to put the seat far back and back into the seat (like you would a chair) and then swing my legs round.

Tonight some friends came round, those I haven’t seen for a while.  They invited me out to the pub with them, but I didn’t want to.  I wasn’t in the mood for going anywhere – I think I am becoming a hermit!  Sometimes I worry that if I go anywhere by myself or without my mum/brother I will get stuck or something will happen. So I would prefer not to on a day I feel bad! Having to plan where I go & what I do is really getting to me, I used to just get up & go without a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment