Monday 18 July 2011

Last Entry.

so there you have it - my pre and post HIP diary!

I decided to leave it there, as I was getting better with my rehab and starting back at university after my placements.

The whole experience of that year was a mixture of things.....fear, annoyance, frustration, boredom, panic, determination, fatigue, confidence issues..........you name it, well, youve read it!

By far the hardest year of my life so far, battling with the issues and trying to stay focused on my degree. BUT, the experience made my second hip replacement easier - I knew what to expect!

Hope everyone has found this helpful - dont get me wrong it IS hard & everyone will battle with different things, but in the end it is worth it! I've not looked back since. I went back to uni in my 3rd year, completed the placements, got my degree, realised who my friends were, had my second hip, went to graduation, and began working as an Occupational Therapist, in orthopaedics no less!

I worked in ortho for 3.5years before leaving for my shoulder resurface in April this year, for which I am undergoing rehab now, and I'm currently not practicing as an Occupational Therapist while I get this sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment